Auto*Link is a windows service that facilitates the automated
entry of files throughout a local area network into processing systems.
The application polls specified directories within a local area network looking for files to process.
Once found, it runs sub-applications that facilitate the processing of the files.
Specifications / Features
- Windows Server service.
- Automatic loading & processing
of direct entry files into Bank*Link®.
- Flexible processing engine that
allows the automatic processing of files as determined by the user.
- Utilises the *Link file type
modules, allowing for a flexible implementation based on differing
input file type requirements.
- Configurable message notification
for the loading or processing of files to designated users.
- Configurable polling cycle time and
source directory structure for the loading of files.
- Error and warning message
notification to the Windows event log and a nominated error file and
- Optionally, messages can be sent to
specific computers/users upon successful loading/processing.
- Windows Server service allows for
continuous running and automatic failure recovery.
- Multithreaded processing for parallel file processing.
Figure 1: Auto*Link™ System
Input directories for Auto*Link may be sourced from
the local hard disk or from remote directories on the LAN.
The sub-application processing modules are broken up into two groups:
- Applications that process direct
entry files recognisable by Auto*Link.
- Applications that process user
Once Auto*Link has determined the type of file, it will call
the sub-application processing modules to process the files.
- Windows 2003, 2008 server.
- Messenger Service, required to send
- Alerter Service, required to send
- Appropriate ODBC drivers for
connection to the database.
- Bank*Link file processing modules.